Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The uncensored window into my thoughts that you never wanted

Today my mother told me that my opinion of beauty is warped because all of the chicks I hang out with are drop dead gorgeous.

She is right, about them being gorgeous at least. She said it after I told her that none of the girls at the bar last night were good looking. Maybe she thinks I am becoming vain.

To be fair I only exaggerated slightly, there was one pretty girl.

I am slowly coming to the realization that I am actually a really charismatic male. To think that a mere four years ago I was tripping over my words attempting to talk to the girl next to me in calc. Now I don't think there is a single attractive girl in my classes that I haven't, at a bare minimum, talked to. In fact, most of them I am now close friends with.

How times change, and yet how they stay the same.

I think perhaps my mom has a point. With the levels of physical and mental beauty my friends contain, will I be able to accept anything less as a girlfriend? Perhaps I've hit a crossroads, one that I couldn't have seen coming four years ago.

Can you settle for less than what is in front of you? And if you can, should you?

Or do you deserve only the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment