Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hummingbirds and Sunlight




The cool brass against my bare skin is relaxing like a soft breeze on a hot day.
The little sun pendent bouncing off my chest in tune with my stride, catching the light and reflecting it back out and away, as if it really was its own brilliant star.

I find myself caressing it between two fingers, deep in thought. Ironically in my head I am caressing something as well, but something very different, something warm.


The clink and clamber of life snaps me back to reality, and I let the pendent slip back into the depths my shirt.


Desire is a powerful thing. It controls you, shapes you, defines you. A hummingbird will starve to death if it doesn't find nectar every few hours. Are we all just hummingbirds flitting around the flowerbeds?

No comments:

Post a Comment